If you’re like me, then you’re probably really excited about the upcoming World Natural Hair Show (created by Taliah Waajid) in Atlanta. I’m practically jumping up and down, but I can be a little extra sometimes. 🙂
This annual show, which anticipates over 40,000 people in attendance, is a great opportunity to bask in the beauty of natural hair. From discounted products, to beautiful curlies to gents, to t-shirts, accessories, and holistic health, there are so many things to see during this 2 day weekend.
So much, though, that it can be a little overwhelming. The first year I went, I could not believe how many people were standing in line for tickets.
And after standing in that line for 30 minutes, I wasn’t even prepared for what I saw once I got through the entrance. There were so many people, so much natural hair. It was almost like a “hair porn” convention, instead of a hair show.
Whether this is your first time, or you’re a veteran, there are some things that you can do to make the process easier, and not overwhelming. Here are 5 things to know in preparation for the World Natural Hair Show
1) Buy your show ticket(s) weeks before the show online. Don’t wait until the last minute like I did. The next time you come, buy it far, far in advance.
2) Try to arrive when it first opens or in the late afternoon on Saturday. That ticket line and parking situation is absolutely crazy.
3) If you can, identify which booths to visit before going. Follow your fave companies on Twitter and FB! Lots of these companies will tweet their booth number. Take note of it.
4) If you are from out of town and flying to Atlanta, don’t use too many bobby pins in your natural hair updo. I love a roll, tuck, and pin as much as the next person, but #tsaainthavingthat.
5) Identify your product/item must-haves. Create a budget for the show. Don’t go overboard buying products you neither need nor like. #paydayainthereyet.
Happy shopping, curlies and gents!